Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Moldova Fabulous

Among the Eurotrash Elite cultures and fashions, I fear Moldova may be left out of the lime light incorrectly. While, sure, I'll grant that it's politics and exports are, to date, lameduck in comparison to mobsters from Ukraine and granite from Italy, I am sad to report that Moldovan teens and tweens beat out Berliner Punks, Londonite Skanks and Finnish Goths for Fabulosity--and get no credit for it.

Never does a day go by that my breath is not taken by varying forms of tight jeans, shiny tights, hooker heels, man purses, jewely clips, eye liner of all shades and thicknesses. Anything you can bedazzle or prop up to fight gravity is beadazzled and propped. Boobs to butt cheeks to toes to bangs. The engineering boys and girls put into their daily ensembles puts even my most conscious American Apparel hipster friends to shame.

And I quite like it. Although that many sparkles will never do credit to my German ploughman legs, they certainly will help my new fangled page boy hair cut. Little butterflies in my nose length locks, metal criss-crossing spirals with rhinestone bows can band them back. Various tight french braids from left to right like Princess Leia in a rave. Yea. Moldova Fabulous is just right for me now.

I'm a little ashamed I cut my hair myself. I'm skint, sure, but how much does a Moldovan hair cut really cost? Maybe $3. At the outside.

Here I am confronted with my timidity. Frizeries, Moldovan barbarshops, are infamous among Volunteers for their out of hand enthusiasm for mullets and shaved in racing stripes. While some of our ranks revel in this, well, one, I, uh.... I'm just plain scared of encountering an argument about how my hair could be more frumos. Thus the compromise. I cut, then tomorrow blow the $3 I would have spent at the new frizerie in town at the piata for clips and colors and sparkles.

I'm going to get to London in two weeks and show those mini skirts up!

No comments: