Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Man Huddles of Winter

Man Huddles occur more often in winter. Yes, even the mighty Man Huddle is brought low by the crippling sweeps of winter. They crouch themselves lower, closer to each other, quicker shots with more frequency, in the domain of their women. I imagine they are therefore, tamer.

Things I learned with today's Man Huddle:

The wine cellar is quite warm.
Fully popped kernals of popcorn are called roosters, half popped ones are called hens.
The toast: Few deaths in the house, less work!

Maria wryly mentioned that if you work less, you have less to eat and therefore more deaths occur.

Ie. Bullshit.




Today is the first day of winter, and as such, a Man Huddle was forced to form. Slavic's wife called complaining of his not being home to save all the pumpkin's from freezing. He hung up on her and he and the men conferred about how likely it is that pumpkins could freeze today.

Yesterday, still officially being fall, was a toasty 42 degrees. When I dodged out to the veciu this morning, however, I noticed the ground was frozen hard enough that I could safely wear my pretty shoes without losing the heels to the mud made famous by killing armies. Indeed, walking to school, through various stabbing tests, it was surmised that the ground is solid to about 4 inches.

If the ground, that solid thing that is giant beneath us, can freeze up to 4 inches deep, I put forth that a pumpkin 8 inches in diameter, would freeze solid.

Though, I have not tested the viscosity of pumpkins, or the temperature at which pumpkin pulp freezes. So, really, as I was told, I have no clue.

I made up for this conversation mishap by listing my three favorite foods: cheese, pickled cucumbers, gummy bears.

Yes, pickled cucumbers are delicious! "Hai! Few deaths, Little work!"

1 comment:

Faith said...

Do fairy godmothers still do business when the pumpkins are frozen Miss Cinderella? You've got pumpkins, work and heels in this blog! :) Go Cindy, Go!