Friday, December 2, 2011

Sass -- ?


What is 'sass,' exactly?


According to reliable sources, I possess a good deal of it.


When first told this, I was a little confused. This accusation is new. Quick paced conversations, laced with loving insults and quips about sex and drugs and politics are traditionally beyond me. In most, I can barely keep up just listening. Traditionally.


Traditionally, I am “earnest,” “sweet,” and “charming,” but only because I observe, out loud, the good traits of those people around me.


So, slightly stunned by this comment, I think a second and with a puppyish tilt of my head, say “I think what you perceive as sass is simply me blurting out the truth at you.” which, apparently, was a sassy thing to say. The high-energy gentleman receiving this comment laughed, slapped me on the back and strutted off to continue working. He finds me “charming.”


Now I don't know what “charm” is either.

No comments: