Friday, August 22, 2008

Living Recklessly

I must live recklessly today. It is the last day of zero responsibility. Tomorrow the dog comes home.

We have settled on Ixi. Thank you Lacey. I thought for awhile of Isolde being Izzi which is very similar to Ixi, but it seems silly, in retrospect, to give a dog a name that you aren't going to call it ever. Might as well just call her Izzi. But that wasn't on the list. So! Ixi it is.

And never was there a more fey-ish name in the world.

So, I shall start my last irresponsible day with (so far):

Brushing teeth
Playing guitar
checking blog and email

From there I will:

Call: oral surgeon, Lawyer, bank
Get dressed
Go to work
Buy shitty towels at goodwill for Ixi's crate
eat dinner
meet girls at wine bar
find our boys at beer bar
sleep.

This is the master plan. I know! Where will I fit in that case of arson and my bungee jump?

3 comments:

Lacey said...

hey how do you have girls to meet at the wine bar already? You acquire friends the way kittens attract worms! How do you do it!
ps good name for a dog Ixi is

Stephanie said...

.... lawyer?
how DO you have girls to meet at a wine bar already? crazy fast timing, lady.

Kiddo said...

They aren't my girls, particularly. They are english students in the program with Joshua. But they're lovely people who try to include me in all their activities.