Thursday, April 2, 2009

May's Musical Endevor

The next cd theme is mine to command! Muwhahaha...

Yet, it is not that big a puppetry domination, so I shan't revel too much.

I've been trying to think of something good, wide enough that we can all find awesome stuff, but closed enough that there is some continuity. Coffee is my favorite thing other than Absinthe, and coffee has been done, so I thought initially Absinthe, but I don't want to impinge on the whole drinks thing, or start this as a series of thirsty mixes. After all, we shouldn't dwell on addictions here.

Which brought me to smoke. I don't like the idea of cigarettes too much beyond Holly Golightly and Humphrey Bogart and how cool they look/make you look on film etc. but smoke it self is gorgeous and difficult to capture and universal enough that I'm sure you can find a song about it somehow by almost every artist under the sun.

However, that too seemed too much like coffee. (aesthetically).

Taking into account that I'm supposed to be leaving you all for reals in May, and that being the biggest thing in my life that month (close runner up being Kelsie's wedding) I'm thinkin the theme should celebrate that!

Thus, my proposed theme (feel free to interpret, as we all would anyway, we analysts and artists) is Deployment/Embarkation.

Have at it kids!

5 comments:

Ms. Frances said...

Hello dear!
I've just received your version of the coffee/tea mix, though I'm not technically taking part in this mix-making. Since Steph and you both sent me mixes, though, I've made one too that I'll send to you both.

Unfortunately, either the cd got cracked in transit, or I broke it in transit from mailbox to apartment--probably the latter. In any case, I've got a lovely song list from you from which to compile my own physical disc. Boo.

I'll probably get around to mailing your cd's as soon as I get up to 200 posts (soon! I'm at 193!) and have my dern giveaway and go to the P.O. to kill two birds with one stone, as it were.

Miss you, sorry for the lengthy comment. Really ought to just right emails.

Stephanie said...

Ohhhhh. I like this mix, and I will have much for it!
Glad to see you're still alive. :)

And, I sent Franny a mix coz I thought she'd like it! It was a surprise.

Anonymous said...

I am totally ready for this one! Three songs popped into my head while I was reading the post and a fourth while I was pacing in the backyard smoking. It seems particularly relevant as not less than three of our participants promised address changes after this round.

Also, while we're discussing the eventuality of your leaving, are there any plans for stopping in the area on your way out of the country?

Bob O said...

Check it out....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbKQklwNScA

Unknown said...

May is a month of great change for many of us...great topic!

Hurrah. I shall make it early!