Sunday, June 28, 2009

Open Office

Hey kids...

Since I have limited internet access I've been keeping blogs on my computer, saving them on my flash drive, and ready to load them onto a computer with internet! huzzah.

Except I can convert Windows 2000 Word files into Open Office, which is what I'm running with on Alix the 10" Wonder, but cannot get them to open into Windows 2000 Word again on the internet computer.

Sorry.

In the mean time know that, in abbreviated form:

+ I can't drink the water here. I have special equipment.
+ The buses are small, very full, cheap and dependable.
+ Gummies = a recreational drug for self medicinal purposes
+ Summer is delightful
+ Teambuilding exercises reveal more about yourself than they teach you about teamwork ... quoi?
+ Baby ducks are adorable (its all manipulation, I know, but its still true)
+ I feel like a baby duck

That's all.
Office closed...

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You are adorable and manipulative? Qua?

All my Governor's School kiddies came today. Hurray! I've already heard them discussing attending Harry Potter Conventions...it is grand to be around nerds of such quantity and caliber. :B

Bob O said...

I have more comments than this, but I'll stick to Open Office. Once you open Windwos 2000 (or XP or 2003) docs in Open Office, you then have to save them in that same format. Click "save as" to get the choice (life is all about choices). Then you can pick what format to save them in or email them in or put them on the net.

And, of course, you could always just be hardcore and type things out in ascii, in notepad, and that would work.....

Love ya!

Ms. Frances said...

Teambuilding exercises teach me nothing but discomfort. But I'm glad you're getting something out of them, as I'm sure you're doing a lot of them. How goes the language-learning?? How do you like your town?

Stephanie said...

Ducks are awesome.
Shut up.

Unknown said...

I miss you. I suppose I'm going to have to miss you for a long time. :|

Bob O said...

Did you get it to work?

E Burnside said...

Hello my dear! I am glad you are enjoying the ducks, buses, and language! I miss seeing you about town. Hugs from OK

Stephanie said...

I haven't heard from you and I need to.

Bob the Bear said...

Haha yes the manipulation of baby ducks! I gasped several times when ERIKA thought a DUCK was CUTE!! *GASP* *GASP* maybe, perhaps, they aren't just out to get you? maybe?perhaps?