Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Five Things

1. Today is 70 degrees and sunny...

2. The hick children I pass every day to school (they are approx 2 and 4 years old, and Vladya's cousins) learning a garbled version of English greetings. They run out of the house EVERY time I pass and shout things that sound like "hello" and "how are you?" in weird slurs.

3. Claudia decided today that all the lesson plans we have should be in a different format.
That's 105 lessons per class, 14 classes.
It's not getting done today.
Renata is crushed.
My inner viking nearly smashed things.

4. There are several cow bones, new since this morning, helping fill a pothole outside my house.

5. I officially deem my office ready and open for business. There are still several things that need doing (rugs, curtains, covering of chairs, filing system for materials and plans more organized than binders full to bursting) but mostly, it looks pretty damn good.

No comments: