Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Thank Domneaziu for Maria

Fair Warning: Personal Bitching Ahead.

This weather, and its schmekery, helps nothing but bad feelings. I have recorded which days I can wake up easily with the alarm and which days I can't. Comparing these with a corresponding list the weather each morning reveals a quantifiable depression experienced by The Erika on days it is cold. Cloudiness contributes. Rain does not, but mud does.

Today commenced cloudy and very cold. Freezing, in fact. The electricity in our office has been turned off without explanation: heater and light no longer work. It snowed yesterday, and just made mud. Today thought to copy Yesterday, that badass.

Things I saw on my way to school today:
- 3 dead kittens
- 1 squashed frog
- a newly full sewage duct (man hole cover no longer covers it because the hole is so full)

Things that happened at school today:
- Pretty well taught 6th grade review for Thursday's test class
- Chased off a 6th grade boy from my flock of glitter marker girls
- Had to make the first announcement of "If you lose or destroy the book, you owe the library 20 lei"

Things that happened on the way home today:
- Covered in mud
- Laughed at by hoard of 6th grade boys
- Broke up an incident of bullying (1st grade boy by 5th grade boys)
- Found the hind legs and an eyeball once belonging to one of the kittens

Things that happened with Maria at lunch:
- Found out I clean more than the last volunteer
- Discussed ideal cup and ass size (apparently I have them)
- Cursed the mud.

Domneaziu = Romanian for "God"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

not really!
God = Dumnezeu

Kiddo said...

I knew the one comment I would get is some guy correcting my spelling.

thanks.

I guess.

Unknown said...

fonetic in context poate
dar cand afirmi asa hotarata pare-
"Cultural Learnings of MOLDOVA for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of AMERICA!"
:d