Friday, October 21, 2011

The Great Quest for Employment

ahem.


There is a problem with society.


There are few jobs.


What should we do?


Distinguish ourselves, and take no prisoners?


Ok. How?


I think it is interesting that protests are cropping up against the private sector, and not the government. It's a new twist. What I'm unsure of, however, is what people want to gain from their protests. They see a problem, and instead of making a solution, they gum up the streets with awareness of problems.


If there is one thing that killed my optimism in Moldova, it is the constant attrition of solution based thinking. Pointing out solutions, having them knocked down; leading people through questioning to their own solutions, then having them not picked up bangs ding after ding into my American steel deflector shield of progress.


Coming home and hearing people my own age (none of my friends thank Thor—they keep calm and carry on. I applaud my people-judgement skills) whine, actually whine, about all the woes beset them – it drives me a bit distracted. They even whine on national television.


If the effort put into making oneself an “individual” were put into making oneself employed, new solutions might be found.


Just saying. I didn't want to go back into the service industry, but it keeps my learning curve up, and keeps some cash in my pocket. How much do bongos go for these days? Kids on Wallstreet know.

1 comment:

Bose said...

This is the first time I have visited your site and I am amazed at the amount, the value and the clarity of the information you have provided.Proof of employment template