Saturday, October 3, 2009

Water... more please?

yo kids, those of you still doing this and caring to read mine!

This last week saw my worst day of teaching so far, and my best. I talked to Dad about it, it seems there it is endemic to the Ostergaards to be very good at a profession they don't much like. Like Kelsie and engineering, and now me with teaching. (Dad has had almost every profession on the sun during my lifetime).

The worst day was Wednesday. Long story short, I'm not very good at disciplinary action. Can't we all just get along? The best day was Friday. my third and eleventh graders have finally caught on to my teaching methods (high on grammar puzzles and interactive vocabulary, low on lecture) and love them. Second graders are not yet caught into the vulgar habits of adults.

Also in the week: I havent showered yet. Its cold and hauling water from the well is colder and time consuming. I will take my bucket bath tomorrow!

On this subject, no one considers how not to waste things until they have to go through a ten minute ordeal for what was once a half second habit. For example flushing the toilet. We at the Cires household have a flushable outhouse. This is amazing! however, we appear to be experiencing a drought or something because the wells are now so low the pumps cant reach the water level. Until it rains a bunch I am in charge of getting water for the toilet and my baths and dishes washing. Its good times, my biceps are super awesome toned! If anyone has a goldrush era wash board they aren't using in an old timey jam band.... I'd appreciate it!

As a result of this I am forming a natioal holiday devoted to bathing. When I return, there will be a day out of the year you cant reach me because I will be showering until the water turns cold, then I will eat some prepared food in my super well insulated and overyly plush, comfy bathroom as I wait for the water to reheat.

No comments: