Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Alone in Chisinau

That's right. Extenuating/extra-enuating/extensive reasons have called me here for tonight to sleep in TDY, the PC owned apartment, all by myself. And maybe tomorrow night too.

How is Chis without gaggles of loud-ass Americans surrounding me? More relaxing. I still don't really meet anyone native to the city, because it's a city, but the day doesn't seem snatched from me, and I'm not overly embarrassed walking around it.

I actually cut a passable Moldovanka. Long, felt coat. check. black felt hat. check. fur circle hood. check. Even the uggs i wear in lieu of frumos hooker heels are in fashion here in the big city! If only I had the guts to walk around in sub zero weather in nothin but tights...

My walk still gives me away though. I walk, as my teachers have told me time and again, like a soldier.

Overall, I like it. I get as lonely as the next 25 yr old with romance issues in this Zooey Deschanel world, but... I dunno... isn't kinda nice?

Why do so many people complain about being alone? Are these people with nothing with which to occupy themselves?

No comments: