Friday, January 28, 2011

Podcasts, Academy Awards and Sustainable Materials

The big things in my life currently: those named in my title.

Podcasts:

These things, if you manage to scan through the hundreds of options per topic to the good quality stuffs, are gold. Downloading them onto your computer, and then maybe onto your mp3 player, seems to make you smarter. Like going to libraries and book stores and buying/borrowing books and then putting them on your coffee table. Then listening to them is like reading the books. Except it's free, and your hands and eyes are free. Thus, walking, driving and riding on buses. Yes. We all know about them.

My 4 hour commute to the meetings in Chisinau and writing pretty boring and repetitive lesson plans are perfect for them. Go, find and download and listen to: The History of Rome and Stormtrooper Poetry.

Steer clear of: Podcast Squared. Smarmy dick of a narrator (Andrew Johnstone) with rambling, incoherent, uninteresting things to say (I'm sure like this blog) about whatever he's talking about.

Academy Awards:

Because we live in a magical place of high-speed internet, I have copies of some of the awesome movies up for awards. They are, as to be expected, awesome. They make me happy.

Also! Lindsay has set up a screening for three of them before hand, and then I do believe, we'll be congregating to watch them live at whatever weird time it will be! woo!

Sustainable Materials:

As a volunteer I am the "man power" of an interesting agreement with my school. I'm in the middle of creating what I see as the coolest collection of organized lesson plans and materials for each of them. woo!

That's all. Nothing too interesting happening.

No comments: