Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bug PreEmptive

Honing killing skills. Buying killing stuffs.

First fly defeated for the season by thwacking it with a beougeois tea catalogue out of the air so hard that all the dust on my lamp was displaced into my hair and it pinged (literally made a ping sound) off Guitar’s G string! Yes. I still got it.

Also, squashed the season’s first termite. Haven’t heard too many munching. Maria says it’s because it hasn’t rained too much this year. I hope she’s right. It rained hard yesterday, and there is still no munching today. If they don’t audibly munch they don’t visually debut. So far so good.

Mica (Small) is sporting the latest in kitten fleas. No worms yet spotted on the cats though.

Found a weird scorpion like bug in the outhouse a couple days ago. It was tiny, singular and I’d never seen one before so I didn’t kill it. I did photograph it though, for anyone who knows about bugs. I’m just not savvy enough to stick up photos on this blog…

I’m not taking chances this summer though. I went today to buy some weapons of mass destruction. Fly paper to hang by my door way just above my bin. Ant retardant chalk (no roach motels for sale in Balatina). Anti Mosquito scent effuse plug in bulb thing. It’s in Russian and Chinese, so these titles are my own, but they are pretty descriptive.

In Chisinau this weekend I will hunt down roach motels and citronella candles for the balcony. We still have some knock off Raid from last summer. I am armed. Enter my citadel if ye dare.

No comments: