Monday, June 13, 2011

My Own Project

After the organized luge of Monica’s project, coming home and hitting the futile wall of lethargy that characterizes the staff of my school is a slap in the face of progress. It has been suggested I just take control completely and hire everyone and do everything myself. Appealing as that is, I can’t. It just is not conscionable.

The only wall, really, is Claudia herself. Remember when I said autocracy was like a perfect mathematical solution? It does, as all history books like to say, become double edged very quickly. When Claudia wants her things her way, it happens in less than a blink. When you are doing something slightly not to her liking, she will ignore you and not come in to meet you on the agreed day and you will wait from 9 am to 3pm for her with your budget on your lap with little Romanian notes to help explain why we can’t just disregard these things we agreed on in November. Which is to say, I may indeed just end up doing it on my own.

Not completely alone, admittedly. Renata is the contact wizard. It’s her friends who are cutting us deals on furniture, windows and dictionaries. And Matt, maybe Mackenzie, and definitely Adriana will come to help move our existant furniture and books to the new room. Hopefully, Adriana will help me refinish the furniture again, and paint some picture frames. It’ll be good.

So that’s the rest of the week. Not much. Looking for a person to commission for a quilt. I’ve never made one, but our little couch could do with some life…

No comments: