Thursday, September 11, 2008

Limbo, 1

I spoke to the lawyer today. He apologized for not hiring me. Apparently longevity of an employee is more important than the quality of work they will produce.

Apparently, the whole Brightest Candle Burns Quickest thing, or whatever, doesn't apply to the wider employment world. Why build it just to watch the next guy leave it die?

I've nothing clever to say about this, but I picked up my little employment wanted papers today and have resolved to start lying about how long I'll be staying in this state.

Also, I talked a credit card company out of making me pay over $150. This is entirely ego boosting, especially in the light that I just got turned down on a job to work with a lawyer.

While on the phone I doodled. The hold music was horrible. What started as an arrow ended as a fetus. Whitney would be so proud.

Bigger drawings are producing themselves in my head rather rapidly. Two Victorian, French ads. A girl in headphones and a girl pouring tea.

The last two are just Vermeer enough to make me think myself rather arty, the first two fit me into today's consumed world with a fashionable touch of nostalgia.

Yep, I have time enough to draw. That hasn't happened since I lived with Genelle and Johanna. I listened to alot P.O.D. and System of a Down then.

Hmm. I like to think all this Radiohead is an improvement...

I love you all.

3 comments:

Ms. Frances said...

Yay, I'm glad to hear from you. I'm sorry you didn't get the law job, but at least you know it was logistical instead of qualificational. <3

Stephanie said...

I think that a stuffy law job would have bored you witless, and without your wit, I don't know if I could keep on loving you this much.

In other news, how is the dog?
In other other news, how is Josh?
In other other other news, I have to find a post office and then your shizz will be in the mail!
(Shizz was auto-corrected to "Shiraz." Apt enough, I suppose! Not for what I'm sending, but for you as a people.)

Stephanie said...

ps: there was no order to my questions, that's just how they came. The dog is not more important than Josh who is not more important than the mail and all switched around and vice versa and whatnot.
I need sleep.