Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Poo on Society's New Fangled Halloween. Let me tell you, Witches generally lived in climates where miniskirts are just f****ing suicidal.

I think I'm going to try to be a Kabuki dancer for halloween.

One of Josh's friends is having a "Haunted Circus" party, and they told me a should be a sexy clown. What the shit is that? Sexy and clown are two words that should just never coincide. Period.

I suggested I could be a big top ringleader (excuse to buy a top hat). This girl didn't like the suggestion much. I suppose that's what she - host, it's a given - had been planning on.

I can only hope (probably in vain) the trend in Halloween as excuse for hooker outfits in public does not infiltrate grad students in the bible belt.

I could yell for a long time about how much I hate that trend. If I wanna dress like a hooker, I'll do it on a day that I command it be Erika Dress Like a Hooker Day. I don't have to wait for some paltry excuse.

6 comments:

Ms. Frances said...

I think Halloween will be interesting in Athens where every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday are dress-like-a-hooker days for some of the girls here. I've never seen so many preppy girls in my whole life, and guys too for that matter. It happens that we have Halloween off this year, not to celebrate a heathen holiday but because...wait for it...we play Florida the next day. I knew I was going to a football school, I just didn't think it would really be more athletics than academics! (Whoa, random rant.) I like the Kabuki dancer idea, but it sounds like a hard costume. you should definitely keep your hair blonde for it, too.

Kiddo said...

oo. Good point.

It's the make up that draws me, and the sleeves.

Football, Really? Maybe it's the double whammy of holiday/football. Maybe the team's afraid to disturb the superstitions of the day?

Ms. Frances said...

Oh no it really is to give everyone time to get to Jacksonville. Incidentally, I want to take a little roadtrip that weekend. What are you guys doing??

Stephanie said...

I read this at work and started laughing. I had to read it out loud to my co-workers. They giggled too.

You should go as a lion. :x

Stephanie said...

A sexy lion.

Kiddo said...

Stef: Is there another kind?

Fran: Last weekend of Oct? I'm taking J to see The Faint on the Wednesday, but nothing I know of on the weekend.