Friday, September 5, 2008

Recovery

Points of interest:

+ The OSU newspaper is worse even than the Picket.
+ I have one penicillin pill left meaning I can restart my concourse with TB sufferers tomorrow.
+ My left bruise is gone, but my right cheek still looks terribly bad-ass. I'm so happy! A couple guys at work and I are trying to convince customers that I got in a chick fight at a bar last week.


Blog:

With aid of hydrocodone and no continuous sleep, I have read a whole lot, written a whole lot, drawn a whole lot and watched many movies and episodes of Rome.

Now, I'm off pain killers almost completely, only administering aspirin when the need arises--about twice a day--and back to drab-ass work. But I have come away from my not-quite-spiritual experience with a renewed confidence in my "work."

I no longer care if what I am creating is Great or Big or will hold past posterity. The idea is to capture society as it is right now. The idea is to be that zeitgeist that kids will hate in 200 years. My relief comes from the idea that we have no clue

a) what will survive to 200 years from now
b) what society will value 200 years from now

So it's out of my hands. I think this is a type of religious faith I've found. My holy foods, as you may know, are pistachio or mango anything and absinthe. Falafel and pesto may make onto the list. They're pending.

I am now accepting zealots, please form a queue to my left; Pistachio or Death.



PS. Hydrocodone: not a fun drug. No hallucinations, just drowsiness.

3 comments:

Joshua Cross said...

Um, death please. ... No, no, I meant pistachio.

I'm sorry, we're fresh out of pistachio.

Ms. Frances said...

I'm glad to hear
you're on the mend,
dear.

Stephanie said...

I have stuff in my teeth, and have to go to the dentist very soon. By stuff, I mean, "places to put things." See: Mitch Hedberg.

I wish I could experience this city with you.

I am sorry for the poor paper. Perhaps you should ask to be a guest columnist? Write about puppies.

How is the puppy?