Thursday, October 23, 2008

Baby Eats Crack at Party

That's right. That's a real article in a newspaper. I urge you to look it up. However, do not be deceived by the glowing little camera symbol next to it... the video is disappointingly just an anchor going over the story and the mom shedding a single Hallmark tear, not, in fact, a baby crawling around in a strange manner.

conversation upon discovery:

Joshua: I don't wanna watch a baby eat crack!
Erika: I-I could stand to see that.

In other news--

It's Joshua's birthday soon. We're going to find Indian food in OKC this Saturday and on his actual birthday (28th) I'm bussing a Daisy 2 load of nerds to Edmond to see Denis Johnson speak/read/sign stuff. Super excited.

Ixi is better at Fetch when she's not on Benedryl.

I know nothing of the World Series.

If you're reading this, I miss you.

I am not enjoying Saramago's Blindness.

W. was a good movie.

I haven't done laundry in two weeks.

Fridays are great because I only have to work for an hour and a half, AND, my boss discovered I will demand to get paid for the overtime he schedules me for, thus I only have to work every other saturday. Ha!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have to side with Josh on this one, as I think that a baby eating crack might mean it has a seizure and dies or has a siezure and a life long addiction. :( Sad stuff, there.

Take that Job Bull by the horns! Tell IT who's boss!

Phillip said...

Alan likes Blindness. I never read it, but Snow White had to when she took one of Alan's general studies courses. Then I had to help her write essays about it.

Kiddo said...

Did she/you like it? I know Alan gets all writer-gooey over it, as do lots of Joshua's new compatriots.

It's good. It's an original-ish idea with an innovative structure, but I just can't jive with it.

That book you gave me, Stef, The Book of Lost Things, I read in almost one sitting. Last Sunday I did nothing but read it. It was awesome. Ending was more predictable than I thought (the thought was "No, this is all too good and unpredictable, it won't end that way." and then it did) but over all--very fun!

I love how some books that are "meant" for adolescents are actually just transcendent.