Monday, October 27, 2008

rarr.

So, I've been playing guitar for, mm, nine months now.

And, to be fair, I haven't practiced as much as I should for most of that--excuses should not exist since I only started after I graduated. Besides an excuse is the same as a reason, reasons are just hookers trussed up for the Met and the Jury.

But still, there are certain things I think I should be competent at by fucking now. IE. B minor. For 6 months part of my (almost) daily practice routine includes transferring from D major to B minor. Can't fucking do it. Joshua has tried a couple different explanations as to how I should approach differently, and I try them, and they don't work. I repeat "muscle memory," and "practice makes perfect" to myself. Mostly these things work. My voice seems to improve. My finger strength increases. Speed in note changing ups, EXCEPT for this bloody B minor.

WTF mate.

Otherwise, going to see Denis Johnson tomorrow after my ten hour day in hell.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

You'll get it. You aren't a giver-upper.

Kiddo said...

tak.

.bethany. said...

I've been working on guitar on and off for the past eight years...you're doing better than I have been.

It's Bethany, by the way. I'm following you, now. Hope all is well!

Aubergine said...

It'll come. Don't force it. I used to find that if I took a few day's break from practicing the piano, it was easier to play when I started again.

Nine months, sheesh, that's enough time to grow a baby. Speaking of which... If the baby comes three days early she'll be born on your birthday!