Monday, March 2, 2009

Hastings

I don't know why this store is named after a town in southern england that symbolized the birth of modern history, but, no-one who works with me even knows it exists, so I guess I'm... ahead? of the game?

For a person who grew up organizing her horse models according to one of Color, Breed, Alphabetical Name, Size or Age spending 6 hours a day stocking books is incredibly relaxing.

Also, once a week I get one free paperback book of my choice and any of the old magazines that didn't sell by the time their month was up.

Yep. My life is freaking exciting.

Highlight of today: Bob the Bear got a blog. Check it out!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Bob the Bear?
Good to see you're still alive!
Check your Facebook messages for addresses pour le CD Swap.

Phillip said...

Free books? That's pretty banging.

Bob O said...

Ah, yes, 1066, I remember it well. There I was, shoulder to shoulder and back to back with Gen. Custer...ah...I mean Harold, as the hoards of Cheyenne...I mean Normans...circled about us in the dusty...I mean damp...West Sussex plain...oh, pardon me, my memories seem to be a bit confused....

Have you joined the "Buy Bob The Bear Opposable Thumbs" charity drive yet?