Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Corrections

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am flabbergasted.

I never get comments. I've been under the impression that no one other than my dad reads this. Yet, someone who speaks English, lives in a USSR country (unspecified) corrected me on a fact: The former USSR, like Moldova, has a wider gauge of rail than the EU. I stated the opposite, and apologize for this error.

When I was last on one of these trains, and inquired as to why we were still waiting at the border of Romania and Moldova outside Ungheni, I was informed it was because the Moldovan rails were smaller. Thus interpreted, I informed all of you!

There seems to be at least three or four of you, I love you for the illusion of this being public -- then, Dimos, and his blog Excel made me even happier!

Unfortunately I cannot read Dimos' blog (not because it's in Russian, but because there are no accesible posts) to apologize directly, so maybe he will look here again, waiting to call me out, and see this.

3 comments:

Ms. Frances said...

For the record, I read this!

Phillip said...

I also am a faithful reader.

Kiddo said...

See?! This is amazing!