Friday, September 24, 2010

Ideas and Their Slippery Nature

If that title isn't quite superficial and novelish I have something dreadful with which to follow it up.

I started carrying around a little datebook with me. It's brown fake leather bound. It contains two maps, all the numbers and area codes for Russia and Moldova and Romania. It is dateless, but with spaces for a day or date. It has list areas. Money conversion areas. A box titled "?" and a box titled "!" per page. It is perfect. I record many, many things in it, without worry of where each must go. The sequence and all that linear stuff.

And yet, I only catch about half of what I want to write in it. Afraid it would put Maria on "weird American" alert, I don't bring it to lunch or dinner, when other teachers are conversing around me I put more attention into listening to their complaints and jokes than in writing about them.

I had 4 ideas for blogs today, and at one point had even merged two. I remember the acts of creating, but have no idea what I created.

gr.

Can one induce OCD? If you know a way, please contact me.

No comments: