Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Renata Gets a Water Boiler

That's it. That's the whole story. It's terribly exciting!

After work last night, I was hanging out, eating watermelon with Bianca, Ren cleaning up.

Watermenlon, eaten the Renata way is:
Take a smile slice, cut in half for two triangle bits
Fillet off the rind.
Slice longwise to make skyscraper-shaped, finger-friendly bits.
Voila! easy to eat, relatively clean watermelon!

So between that and listening to Bianca make up little poems (the girl has a natural sense for iambic pentameter) Renata said: "Erika, your fingers are now dirty. Come and wash them!" Romanian likes a commanding tone since the language itself is ingratiating.

"I'm ok, I'll just use the towel Bia is using. No worries."
"No. Today you must wash."
"Renata, is there something special in your sink?"
"No...."

I stuck my little fingers in there and, reader, it was hot hot hot!

I squealed with delight and ran out to her now finished bathroom! Look at that! Look at that! You don't need a soba anymore for the shower! and it's in the kitchen! What an innovation!

Ruslan, in the bedroom, is used to my outbursts by now and didn't even turn up the TV. Besides, the man should be proud: He just installed the only water boiler I've seen yet outside the big city that has HOT water in the kitchen.

With Renata's mind for progress, Ruslan's ability to comply with its ideas, and Bianca's 3 yr old genius, I think you'll agree with me: This family kicks ass. I am so glad they exist.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you're anectdotal accounts of your life there never cease to please me. i hope, my dear lady, that you're well?