Tuesday, October 12, 2010

100 Posts, No way.

It's taken me three years to get here, and that is sad. Hopefully I can keep up this pace and the next 100 won't be grossly belated.

And to celebrate: a description of joy.

Showers. Showers my be an act of joy incarnate. Hot water on bare skin in a small warm room has its own sensual attributes, obviously, but the cleaning part should not be discounted. I never took cleaning seriously in America/England/Australia. I'd never before washed and then, while drying, seen rolls of dead skins flay off, pull out literal handfuls of hair from my hair.

Before I thought of showers as a reprieve from reality where I literally would sit under the water and dream up Thor knows what words of intrigue and sparkles.

And I took it all for granted...

I just showered for the first time in a week, and the joy I felt cannot be described. I'd even prepared with two towels: one for hair and one for corpul. The soba in the bathroom was even warm and I put my towels on it, and they warmed up.... oooooo deliciousness.

I will invest in a very well equipped bathroom when I own a house, hopefully with a small sauna.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Soba is a type of noodle and not an appropriate receptacle for towels.

Phillip said...

Ummm. . .Erika in the shower.

Kiddo said...

A soba is a fire-powered water heater that takes up the face of a wall adjoining two or more rooms. It is a source of heat. The only source of heat. If it gets too hot, indeed, it will burn your towels.

Phil. It happens. Deal with it.

Anonymous said...

Nontheless; towels have no place with noodles save in the instance where the noodles need dried off.

@Phil: I know, right?

Phillip said...

I wasn't criticizing or doubting, I was imagining. It was pleasant.

Kiddo said...

That is the last time I talk about showers.

I feel gross now.

Thanks.

Bastard.

Phillip said...

I'm sorry. I don't see why that should make you feel gross.

Phillip said...

But I didn't mean to make you feel gross.