Sunday, October 10, 2010

Wine Fest and the Worst Winter Ever

Several reports on the grapevine dictate this will be the worst winter on record for ages and ages.

I'm inclined to believe them since I'm already wearing long underwear full time, and we're not quite half through October. Maybe it'll swing back, and I hope so, I need to shower and I'm developing an upper respiratory infection.

For these reasons I had banned myself from going to Wine Fest this past weekend altogether.

Besides, I've seen my friends get drunk en masse many a time, it's not entertaining or fun for me. And Obama told us not to gather in big public groups, which, really, seems like a good idea to me even if there aren't random, obscure terrorist threats floating around (aren't they always...what a lame duck warning).

But it had to be done. The keys to our apartment were with a person there, and I wanted to go to sleep. Trek we did to a dark and sleet filled Wine Fest.

Thank Thor for Marlene, Alex and Erin, who forced me to enjoy myself for the 30 minutes I was there. Meeting creepy frenchmen, drinking free wine, eating free grapes. Yes, my party pooper attitude was coaxed to fun.

Meeting with the group was less inebriated an affair than anticipated also. Just to the huggy phase, not the fall over phase! woot! Who likes hugs? Erika likes hugs!

And we got our keys, bought cheese and noodles and made weird melty mac n cheeze and watched The Empire Strikes Back in Russian. Who likes Star Wars in Russian? Erika likes Star Wars in Russian!

So, Badass Winter a comin'? You wanna snow and ice on my parade? It appears I'll prevail whether I want to or not! Ha!

No comments: