Friday, January 27, 2012

Naivte and Movies that are Probably Good


The Oscars. The Academy Awards.

I don't know the etymology of "Oscars," I like to think it is the name of the guy who modeled for that statue. I do know where Academy Awards comes from. It's simply descriptive. Literally, The Academy chooses who gets the Award.

Who the s*** is the Academy? Get this propaganda:

They are the more than 6,000 artists and professionals who bring the magic of the movies to life. They are the men and women who transport audiences to galaxies far away and to worlds long ago and who create the previously unimagined for the big screen. They are the entertainment industry's preeminent filmmakers. They are Academy members.

Could you be any more into yourselves? I hate that I admire these people. They are so smarmy that this year Hugo and The Artist, amazing amalgams of Hollywood masturbation, are the big names for the series of awards. 11 for Hugo, Martin Scorcese's attempt to be warm, paternal, and heroic for his educational prowess. 10 for The Artist, a super fun looking silent film revival attempt that no one but over-educated film nerds like me are going to attempt watching or ever possibly enjoy.

It's enough to make me start doubting the objective integrity of the academy.

ha.

Like it possibly existed before.

Kiddo = naive.




No comments: