Friday, January 27, 2012

Tumblr


I have three friends using the blogging competition: Tumblr. It is a little intimidating for me and my pretty little space here. They are both serious and prolific--things I will never be.

Differences: layout. subject. content. commenting. exclusiveness.

I love google. I am a minion and devotee to the gods of free stuff and laid back environments in which to enjoy them. Google offered me this free place to design and yak to my little heart's content, and I took it.

Tumblr has some very cutting edge looking pages with big, black fonts. The users speak in bullet points and just show things they like, and drop grains of thought out after them, or refer to what other people have said about whatever it is. It's very much like a live serial of Vanity Fair or The New Yorker. It, actually, is like a cyber New York. As seen by this suburban hick, anyway.

I, therefore, am fascinated. I want to be more like it. I want to be serious and prolific! I want people to say things to me and to respond to them. I want pretty pictures on my blog.

So, Kiddo will heretofore think less, react more, and find prettier pictures.

For example, when running an image search for "Tumblr" you are as likely to get that logo up there as you are to get this awesomeness for sexy Spanish hipsters:







No comments: